Avoiding Select Options by Design

This is just a foot note in my career after years of developing websites. You can take it as a rant or a word of caution. So for a lot of reasons, I really don't like the select tag. For starters its buggy, there are many things about it that don't work across browsers or behave differently. I wish it didn't, and instead could replace the css alternative, dropdowns. An example of my experience over the years, where I tried disabling a option, apple's safiri didn't like that. On another project I tried to just style one of the options again I ran into a wall with firefox. I don't know if these issues still exist but
its giving me enough reasons to avoid.


Notes:

Popular posts from this blog

UI-Bootstrap Collapsible Sticky Footer

Installing Windows on Acer chromebook 15 cb3-532

Aspetcore: NLog with Postgresql