Visual Studio: Disable Dll Culture Folders on Compile

Quick solution that helped me remove extra files in my bin folder, sometimes I need to publish files on to server and the smaller they are the better. In my case I had different culture files/folders for the Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp. 

Solution

 <PropertyGroup>

    <TargetFramework>net5.0</TargetFramework>

    <SatelliteResourceLanguages>en-US</SatelliteResourceLanguages>

</PropertyGroup>

I could also add this to the package itself but the package didnt appear to be referenced directly in the .csproj. I think it was only referenced in the nuget config file, in any case this fixed the problem globally.

Example for package

<PackageReference Include="Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp" Version="3.0.0" ExcludeAssets="All" />

Also worth noting I didnt use "en-US" I used just "en" which worked just as well, that might make a difference on some project.

Popular posts from this blog

UI-Bootstrap Collapsible Sticky Footer

Installing Windows on Acer chromebook 15 cb3-532

Aspetcore: NLog with Postgresql