CCTV - Ubuntu Server with VRC7016 Capture card

So a lot of this info will be old but good for reference, I did get this project to sort of  working version using bt878 on ubuntu 18 and another server using ubuntu 20. I say "sort of" because most of what I got back from the video was distorted showing a green over most of it and I believe was from a bad board. That might have been why I got it so cheap and it was a non-returnable item through eBay. However, it was enough to see an example of what's possible with old computer boards and cheap cameras. I have since moved onto IP cameras and a lot of what I'm doing now is localized as well as working in 4k. Still I had a lot of fun working on this project.

Docs: https://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Btaudio_(bt878)

Commands:

v4l2-ctl --list-devices

Other Ideas 

I had plans to make this project work across my desktop using x-11, but because the images/video was distorted it didnt make sense for the effort. Also was looking into make it work with ZoneMinder..



Popular posts from this blog

Aspetcore: NLog with Postgresql

Mongodb Cheatsheet

Installing Windows on Acer chromebook 15 cb3-532