CCTV - Ubuntu Server with VRC7016 Capture card

So a lot of this info will be old but good for reference, I did get this project to sort of  working version using bt878 on ubuntu 18 and another server using ubuntu 20. I say "sort of" because most of what I got back from the video was distorted showing a green over most of it and I believe was from a bad board. That might have been why I got it so cheap and it was a non-returnable item through eBay. However, it was enough to see an example of what's possible with old computer boards and cheap cameras. I have since moved onto IP cameras and a lot of what I'm doing now is localized as well as working in 4k. Still I had a lot of fun working on this project.

Docs: https://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Btaudio_(bt878)

Commands:

v4l2-ctl --list-devices

Other Ideas 

I had plans to make this project work across my desktop using x-11, but because the images/video was distorted it didnt make sense for the effort. Also was looking into make it work with ZoneMinder..



Popular posts from this blog

Installing Windows on Acer chromebook 15 cb3-532

Entity Framework: ToListAynsc & WhereAsync

Aspetcore: NLog with Postgresql