Updating Jquery Nuget Package to 1.11

      I feel a lot of developers out there are unaware of the fact that they can update Jquery without any work, and since I did the digging already I wanted to get other developers excited about Jquery 1.11. If  currently you try to update the Jquery Nuget package via the package manager currently is will only display Jquery 2.x.x which may break some javascript instead use the simply use the command console to update. So if your using Jquery's Nuget package with your Asp.net MVC application it's easy to update from 1.10 to 1.11. There is no breaking changes from what I have read with the update and if you're trying to support IE8 you should be in the clear as well.

Command
PM> Install-Package jQuery -Version 1.11.0

Also just as a personal note I find the warning message that appears for jquery 1.10 to be extremely annoying and I feel its my mission to help out others by removing it from the internet.


Update
Can I keep Nuget on the jQuery 1.9.x/1.x path (instead of upgrading to 2.x)? - Stack Overflow

Resources
jQuery 1.11 and 2.1 Beta 1 Released | Official jQuery Blog
https://www.npmjs.org/package/jquery/ Awesome to know!
NuGet Gallery | jQuery 1.11.0

Popular posts from this blog

UI-Bootstrap Collapsible Sticky Footer

Installing Windows on Acer chromebook 15 cb3-532

Aspetcore: NLog with Postgresql