Node and NPM Configuration behind a Firewall
These are the notes for using npm behind a company firewall and a windows roaming account. With the help of a former colleague these are the steps I have used. Most of my issues with a company firewall have been with a package not being downloaded or installed properly.
- Install Node:
- NPM is bundled w/ Node
- Set your local proxy settings:
- run: setx HTTPS_PROXY http://YOUR-PROXADDRESS/
- run: setx HTTP_PROXY http://YOUR-PROXYADDRESS/
- Configure local NPM directories:
- run: npm config set prefix C:\Local\npm --global
- run: npm config set cache C:\Local\npm-cache --global
- Configure PATH so that we can execute the node binaries via command line
- run: setx PATH "%PATH%;C:\Local\npm"
- Failed to install tar-2.2.1: 403 error
- npm install --no-registry
- npm install module --cache