Google App Engine - Bundling and Minification

    I love the Bundling and Minification feature in Asp.net MVC (4.0+) but sadly I couldn't find a similar process in Google App Engine. So I went looking to create it, but there was a few work arounds I had in place. For example for my styles I simply used Less.js but for my javascript I would have to either pass them through a minifier.
    In order to create the best web application on Google App Engine you need to be able to bundle and minify your resources. Last week I looked at externally improve this speed of the game "Penguins Rising" which is hosted on Google App Engine. This externally services was PageSpeed Insights and managed under Google's Webmaster Tools. Which is a little confusing of where I need to go or use for my Application since Webmaster tools is separate from Google API Console.

Research for a Python Solution


Updated Solution
    I couldn't find a quick and easy setup for this process however with my recent project ducksauce I have found alternative process without going through python and Google App Engine all together. In hindsight looking at this process as a whole, I will need this process constantly where I use javascript and css. With ducksauce I have a way to setup my node server to watch css/js files based changes. The only draw back from this implementation is that I have to always be pointed to the bundled and minified files. That's not a problem I simple just have to manual run the process one in the beginning, I will later add a button to create this process as well.

Popular posts from this blog

UI-Bootstrap Collapsible Sticky Footer

Installing Windows on Acer chromebook 15 cb3-532

Aspetcore: NLog with Postgresql