Penguins Rising: Possible Multiplayer

    With my first attempt, I started to look at what Google Game Services to see what it had to offer for real time multiplayer but quickly found my answer in the documentation. Game Service "Real-time multiplayer is currently only supported for the Android platform." So I looked at Google Hangout as an option. The example I found helped me test out this theory and proved that creating multiplayer mode would be possible. However there was minor issues with latency as the example code shows and also ways to handle it. I didn't publish any code on github since there is a lot more for me to do and this year my plans are to start working more on my other games. For now its just important to make note of it so that I can pick up on it later...

Example
sendMessageApp.xml - google-plus-hangout-samples - It's sample code... for Google+ Hangout Apps

https://developers.google.com/+/hangouts/resource-management
line:188 gapi.hangout.data.sendMessage(
          JSON.stringify(());

Resources
Google Play Game Services — Google Developers - based on what I saw at the time of the docs.


Popular posts from this blog

UI-Bootstrap Collapsible Sticky Footer

Installing Windows on Acer chromebook 15 cb3-532

Aspetcore: NLog with Postgresql