Unity: Notes for My Next Game

    The reason I wrote this article was to create myself a mission of tasks to complete. A lot goes into a game and I already know that I need to narrow down my scope for this game. Especially if I want to have something really show in the next couple of months. So here is my focus...

Mission
  • Create landscape (slope, sky, borders)
    • Make it so I can't fall off, it's annoying.
    • Landscape Texture keeps scretching.
  • First person view single player.
    • Detect collision with falling objects
    • Destroy player for now
  • Repeat falling objects
    • spawn multiple randomly.
    • Create a timer for when a new object spawns.
Resources for Landscape Task
    Unity - Manual: How do I Make a Skybox?
    Unity - Manual: Lightmapping Quickstart
    How do I make a sky using skybox?
    How to make a texture tile and not stretch
    High quality skybox / space

Resources for Player
    What is the best free 3D modeling program to use alongside with Unity?
    Unity - Scripting API: MonoBehaviour.OnControllerColliderHit(ControllerColliderHit)
    Unity - Scripting API: MonoBehaviour.OnCollisionEnter(Collision)
    Destroy the current GameObject? - Unity Answers
    Switching between multiple cameras created in runtime - Save this for later
    OnCollisionEnter vs OnControllerColliderHit | Unity Community
 I created my script on the player because more logic will be on the player then there is will on the objects falling.
    Unity player collision with object? | Unity Community

Resources for Falling Object
   OnCollisionEnter vs OnControllerColliderHit | Unity Community
   Getting an object to spawn on a set time
   Instantiate and Create Objects
   Simple Timer
   How to separate duplicated objects? - Unity Answers



Popular posts from this blog

UI-Bootstrap Collapsible Sticky Footer

Installing Windows on Acer chromebook 15 cb3-532

Aspetcore: NLog with Postgresql