When I was first learning EF I tried using model first however migrations and the setup to handle it was too buggy. I'm sure I could have gotten it in time but I've learned right way the importance of being a good dba.
- Performance Considerations for EF 4, 5, and 6
- Entity Framework - Entity Framework 6: The Ninja Edition
- Best practices to improve Entity Framework performance | InfoWorld
- Tips to improve Entity Framework Performance
- EntityFramework Performance and AutoDetectChanges
- <sessionState> Element
- using Statement (C# Reference)